Climb Pico Mountain
Discover Pico climbing and mountain
Pico Mountain is a stratovolcano with 2351 meters, the trail starts at 1230m and is composed of solid lava, loose slag and some earth (mud in case of wet ground);
The trail is about 4000m (x2) with more than 1000m of ascending;
It has an approximate slope of 25%;
The ascent is recommended in 4h and the descent in 3h (average values);
Atmospheric conditions vary throughout the year and during the course, with high fluctuations in temperature and visibility.
Recommendations for ascent
• Mountain footwear (high traction boots or shoes)
• Clothing: light, comfortable and breathable (first layer to keep the body dry, second layer to keep the body warm and third layer to protect from wind and/or rain)
• Hat or cap
• Sunscreen and sunglasses
• 1.5 L water per person (minimum required)
• Snacks and light snack
• Backpack suitable for hiking/mountaineering
• Night Climb / Demanding weather conditions (forecast of strong wind, rain or low temperatures):
- Hat, Gloves, Second reinforced layer, Waterproof Jacket and Trousers.
- The trail has a mountaineering requirement, a favorable physical condition is recommended, in case of any condition please contact the guide. (e.g. breathing or heart problems, foot or knee problems, etc.)
- We care for a 100% garbage mountain, and we are all grateful for leaving zero garbage on the mountain.